Tell your story using photography! Learn about equipment basics, taking sharper pictures, lighting and flash techniques, photo composition, approaches, sequencing, and evaluating photographs. Use multiple cameras and even assemble a whole production team.
State & regional events
To view county or local club events, visit the county website.
4-H plays a pivotal role in youth development and public education at the Minnesota State Fair. Over 7,000 4-H youth have the opportunity to interact with the public and educate fairgoers through 4-H exhibits, demonstrations, performances, and 4-H promotion. More info.
Photography Project resources
Beginning to learn about photography:
- Focus on Photography - Photography Level 1 ($6.50 (80 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Tips and suggestions for photography projects, get your photography exhibit fair ready with these tips from judges (PDF)
Some experience with this project:
- Controlling the Image - Photography Level 2 ($6.50 (80 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Looking for a challenge:
- Mastering Photography - Photography Level 3 ($6.50 (80 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Complete Guide to Digital Photography (224 pages)
- Kodak Pocket Guide (224 pages)
- So You're the Club Photographer (PDF)
Project leader resources
- 4-H Photo Curriculum Guide-set of 3 (80 pages each) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Photography Leaders (81 K PDF)
- Photography & video medal ($2.65) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Photography medallion ($7.50 Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Other online resources
- National 4-H Photography
- 4-H Photography Blog by Wisconsin 4-H Photography Specialist Wayne Brabender
- National Geographic Photography for Kids: (Beginner)
4-H Youth record keeping
To get involved with the 4-H Photography Project, contact your county 4-H office.