Tell your story using photography! Learn about equipment basics, taking sharper pictures, lighting and flash techniques, photo composition, approaches, sequencing, and evaluating photographs. Use multiple cameras and even assemble a whole production team.
To view county or local club events, visit the county website.
Coming in January 2016: A new opportunity for 4-H'ers in grades 6-12 who want to dive deeper into video production. Learn from an expert and your peers across Minnesota. Learn more and register.
4-H plays a pivotal role in youth development and public education at the Minnesota State Fair. Over 7,000 4-H youth have the opportunity to interact with the public and educate fairgoers through 4-H exhibits, demonstrations, performances, and 4-H promotion. More info.
Beginning to learn about photography:
- Focus on Photography - Photography Level 1 ($6.50 (80 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Tips and suggestions for photography projects, get your photography exhibit fair ready with these tips from judges (PDF)
Some experience with this project:
- Controlling the Image - Photography Level 2 ($6.50 (80 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Looking for a challenge:
- Mastering Photography - Photography Level 3 ($6.50 (80 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Complete Guide to Digital Photography (224 pages)
- Kodak Pocket Guide (224 pages)
- So You're the Club Photographer (PDF)
Other online resources
To get involved with the 4-H Photography Project, contact your county 4-H office.
All resources on this page have been reviewed by our faculty and included for their educational value. No endorsement is intended or implied. Minnesota 4-H does not profit from the inclusion of any commercial project resources.