Needle Arts Project
Stand out in the crowd with your own unique sweaters, scarves, or blankets. Learn the basics of knitting, crocheting, embroidery and counted cross stitch. Learn various patterns or create your own designs. Once you master the basics, host a knitting party or join a knitting club.
State & regional events
To view county or local club events, visit the county website.
4-H plays a pivotal role in youth development and public education at the Minnesota State Fair. Over 7,000 4-H youth have the opportunity to interact with the public and educate fairgoers through 4-H exhibits, demonstrations, performances, and 4-H promotion. More info.
Needle Arts Project resources
Beginning to learn about needle arts:
- Knitting Made Easy - Find this in the 4-H Mall.
- Beginning To Knit - Kansas 4-H
- National Needle Arts Association
- Crochet Made Easy - Find this in the 4-H Mall.
- Yarn - The Essential Element of Knitting
Some experience with this project:
Project leader resources
- Entrepreneurship - Helper's Guide Find this in the 4-H Mall.
- Entrepreneurship - Set of 2 Find this in the 4-H Mall.
Other online resources
To get involved with the 4-H Needle Arts Project, contact your county 4-H office.
All resources on this page have been reviewed by our faculty and included for their educational value. No endorsement is intended or implied. Minnesota 4-H does not profit from the inclusion of any commercial project resources.