Veterinary Science Project
Learn about preventing disease and improving the health of animals. This could be the start of a career as a vet! Topics include basic anatomy, health and disease, normal and abnormal conditions, and preparing for veterinary careers.
Important project information:
- AnSci Updates for 2015 - posted March 12, 2015
- Animal science ID requirements and processes
- Animal science projects lease fact sheet
- Animal science show requirements sheet for all species - updated to reflect meat goat ID change March 11, 2015
- Animal science 4-H premise ID information
- Cloverbud information sheet
To view county or local club events, visit the county website.
4-H plays a pivotal role in youth development and public education at the Minnesota State Fair. Over 7,000 4-H youth have the opportunity to interact with the public and educate fairgoers through 4-H exhibits, demonstrations, performances, and 4-H promotion. More info
Beginning to learn about veterinary science:
- Veterinary Science 1 - From Airedales to Zebras (40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall.
Some experience with this project:
- Veterinary Science 2 - All Systems Go (40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall.
Looking for a challenge:
- Veterinary Science 3 - On the Cutting Edge (40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall.
Other online resources
- Project meeting outline: Vet Science - Caring for your Cat or Dog (PDF)
- Project meeting outline: Visit a Vet Clinic(PDF)
- Electronic Zoo
- The National Zoo
To get involved with the 4-H Veterinary Science Project, contact your county 4-H office.
All resources on this page have been reviewed by our faculty and included for their educational value. No endorsement is intended or implied. Minnesota 4-H does not profit from the inclusion of any commercial project resources.