There are many breeds of rabbits! Learn about breeding, handling, showing, health and disease, pedigrees, record keeping, marketing and careers. Be a good rabbit herdsman or train your rabbit in agility! New to 4-H? Get involved in the Rabbit Project!
What you can do
Level 1: Rabbit 1 - What's Hoppening
Discover how to identify breeds, handle and show rabbits, identify rabbit parts and recognize a healthy rabbit.
Level 2: Rabbit 2 - Making Tracks
Learn to recognize body types, judge and show rabbits, tattoo a rabbit and keep records.
Level 3: - Rabbit 3 - All Ears
Design a rabbitry, prevent diseases and develop marketing plans.
Free curriculum from Utah State 4-H. Registration is required for download access.
- AnSci Updates for 2018 - posted Dec 21, 2017
- Animal science ID requirements and processes (ID worksheets, forms, etc.)
- Rabbit information sheet - posted Dec 21, 2017
- Animal science projects lease fact sheet
- Animal science show requirements sheet for all species - posted Dec 21, 2017
- Animal science 4-H premise ID information
- Cloverbud information sheet
Record keeping & evaluation
- 4-H youth record keeping - Reflect on your project and share it.
- Animal Science Project Interviews - Junior Level (PDF)
- Animal Science Project Interviews - Senior Level (PDF)
For adult leaders
Be a youth livestock committee member
Three youth project members will be selected for 1 year terms to help plan and organize the State Fair 4-H Rabbit Project experience. Members must have extensive Rabbit project and leadership experience. Applicants must be 9th grade or older, eligible for next year's 4-H, currently enrolled in rabbit project, previously exhibited at MN State Fair and complete this application - PDF - fillable version
To get involved with the 4-H Rabbit Project, contact your county 4-H office.