There are many breeds of rabbits! Learn about breeding, handling, showing, health and disease, pedigrees, record keeping, marketing and careers. Be a good rabbit herdsman or train your rabbit in agility!
Important project information:
- AnSci Updates for 2016 - posted December 22, 2015
- Animal science ID requirements and processes (ID worksheets, forms, etc.)
- Rabbit information sheet- posted December 22, 2015
- Animal science projects lease fact sheet
- Animal science show requirements sheet for all species- posted December 22, 2015
- Animal science 4-H premise ID information
- Cloverbud information sheet
To view county or local club events, visit the county website.
All youth participating as a State Fair 4-H livestock exhibitor in beef, dairy, sheep, swine, poultry, rabbit, meat and dairy goat, and lama must have completed the Livestock Quality Assurance and Ethics workshop. Certification is good for three fair seasons. The level of training required is determined by the grade of the youth at the time the training takes place.
Dates and locations vary by county. Check this list for more information.
Project Bowls are an exciting way for youth to explore a project area. Teams compete in quiz competitions with questions about specific project areas. Project Bowls are available for Dairy, Dog, General Livestock (Beef, Sheep & Swine), Horse, Poultry, Rabbit and Wildlife projects. Winners of the Regional Project Bowls advance to the State Bowl. More info
4-H plays a pivotal role in youth development and public education at the Minnesota State Fair. Over 7,000 4-H youth have the opportunity to interact with the public and educate fairgoers through 4-H exhibits, demonstrations, performances, and 4-H promotion. More info
Beginning to learn about rabbits:
- Rabbit 1 - What's Hoppening (40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall.
Some experience with this project:
- Rabbit 2 - Making Tracks (40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall.
Looking for a challenge:
- Rabbit 3 - All Ears (40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall.
Learning resources for all levels:
Other online resources
To get involved with the 4-H Rabbit Project, contact your county 4-H office.
All resources on this page have been reviewed by our faculty and included for their educational value. No endorsement is intended or implied. Minnesota 4-H does not profit from the inclusion of any commercial project resources.