Learn about a variety of small pets, such as birds, guinea pigs, iguanas, snakes or frogs. Topics include feeding, housing and daily needs, pet selection, pet body parts identification, pet art, pet communications, handling, genetics and reproduction.
Important project information:
- AnSci Updates for 2015 - posted March 12, 2015
- Animal science ID requirements and processes - updated to reflect meat goat ID change March 11, 2015
- Animal science projects lease fact sheet
- Animal science show requirements sheet for all species
- Animal science 4-H premise ID information
- Cloverbud information sheet
To view county or local club events, visit the county website.
4-H plays a pivotal role in youth development and public education at the Minnesota State Fair. Over 7,000 4-H youth have the opportunity to interact with the public and educate fairgoers through 4-H exhibits, demonstrations, performances, and 4-H promotion. More info
- Pet 1 - Pet Pals ($3.95 (40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Pet 2 -Scurrying Ahead ($3.95 (40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Pet 3 -Scaling the Heights ($3.95 (40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Other online resources
To get involved with the 4-H Pets Project, contact your county 4-H office.
All resources on this page have been reviewed by our faculty and included for their educational value. No endorsement is intended or implied. Minnesota 4-H does not profit from the inclusion of any commercial project resources.