Learn about a variety of small pets, such as birds, guinea pigs, iguanas, snakes or frogs. Topics include feeding, housing and daily needs, pet selection, pet body parts identification, pet art, pet communications, handling, genetics and reproduction.
Important project information:
State & regional events
To view county or local club events, visit the county website.
4-H plays a pivotal role in youth development and public education at the Minnesota State Fair. Over 7,000 4-H youth have the opportunity to interact with the public and educate fairgoers through 4-H exhibits, demonstrations, performances, and 4-H promotion. More info
Pet project resources
- Pet 1 - Pet Pals ($3.95 (40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Pet 2 -Scurrying Ahead ($3.95 (40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Pet 3 -Scaling the Heights ($3.95 (40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Project leader resources
- Pet - Helper's Guide ($3.95 (40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Pet - Set of Four ($15.40(40 pages each) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Other online resources
4-H Youth record keeping
- Pets evaluation sheet (42 K PDF)