Meat Goat Project
Goats are very useful animals - they produce milk, meat and hair for weaving. Learn about management, health, feeding, milking, fitting, breeding, pedigrees, quality assurance, genetics, national industry issues, and showing.
Level 1: Meat Goat 1 - Just Browsing
Learn about goat disease, breeding, body condition scoring, fitting a show goat and management programs.
Discover how to control parasites, practice bio-security, judge goats, balance rations and prevent diseases.
- American Meat Goat Association
- U.S. Boer Goat Association
- Breeds of goats
- Test your knowledge of goat anatomy
Free curriculum from Utah State 4-H. Registration is required for download access.
- AnSci Updates for 2017 - posted January 6, 2017
- Animal science ID requirements and processes (ID worksheets, forms, etc.)
- Meat Goat information sheet - updated March 6, 2017
- Animal science projects lease fact sheet
- Animal science show requirements sheet for all species - posted January 3, 2017
- Animal science 4-H premise ID information
- Cloverbud information sheet
Record keeping & evaluation
- 4-H youth record keeping - Reflect on your project and share it.
- Animal Science Project Interviews - Junior Level (PDF)
- Animal Science Project Interviews - Senior Level (PDF)
For adult leaders
- Livestock Quality Assurance & Ethics Training
- Minnesota 4-H Science of Animals
- 4-H Regional & State Project Bowls
- Minnesota State Fair
Be a youth livestock committee member
Be a youth livestock committee member. 3 youth project members will be selected for 1 year terms to help plan and organize the State Fair 4-H Meat Goat Project experience. Members must have extensive meat goat project and leadership experience. Applicants must be 9th grade or older, eligible for next year's 4-H, currently enrolled in meat goat project, previously exhibited at MN State Fair and complete this application. - PDF - fillable version
To get involved with the 4-H Meat Goat Project, contact your county 4-H office.