Minnesota 4-H State Horse PDC
MN 4-H Horse Project Development Committee Purpose
- Oversee the development, planning, promoting and implementation of educational programs
and events in the area of horse science for Minnesota 4-H youth, their families and leaders.
- Stimulate interest in and promote 4-H youth programs with horses through effective communications with all partners – members, families, leaders, staff and other partners.
- Have a strong desire to nurture positive youth development utilizing research-based youth
development principles in horse subject matter resources.
- Be familiar with and understand project materials and forms available in the horse project.
- Ability to effectively communicate with individuals and groups.
- Be familiar with and understand how strong committees work and be willing to implement those guiding principles.
- Represent opinions and needs of 4-H Horse Project members in your Region by planning and hosting your Regional horse project meeting following each PDC meeting.
- Actively participate at each MN 4-H Horse Project Development Committee meeting during your term where the following items will be discussed.
- Serve as a liaison between Extension staff, members, parents and other volunteers regarding the 4-H Horse Program.
- Promote the 4-H Horse Project. Assist with Horse Project training for 4-H Horse Project members and leaders.
- Assist with statewide Horse Project activities.
- Support and evaluate State Level member and leader educational events.
- Develop programs to recognize outstanding members and leaders. Be willing to accept a minimum of one committee assignment in one of the following areas:
- Educational Materials
- Volunteer Training and Recognition
- Youth Education and Recognition
- State 4-H Horse Show
- Team/Individual Contests
- Program Development and Promotion
- Judges Certification and Education
- Horse Training Program
- Marketing and Resource Development
Horse PDC Committee Chairs (PDF) Added 6/12/13
Horse PDC Application (PDF)
Horse PDC Application in word (351 K)
Horse PDC bylaws (PDF)