Learn how to keep your cat safe, healthy, and active. Topics include breeds, handling, grooming, feeding, budget, cat senses and behavior, the meaning of cat sounds, tricks to teach a cat, emergency situations, traveling with a cat, diseases, reproduction, genetics and showmanship.
Important project information:
- AnSci Updates for 2015 - posted March 12, 2015
- Animal science ID requirements and processes - updated to reflect meat goat ID change March 11, 2015
- Animal science projects lease fact sheet
- Animal science show requirements sheet for all species
- Animal science 4-H premise ID information
- Cloverbud information sheet
To view county or local club events, visit the county website.
4-H plays a pivotal role in youth development and public education at the Minnesota State Fair. Over 7,000 4-H youth have the opportunity to interact with the public and educate fairgoers through 4-H exhibits, demonstrations, performances, and 4-H promotion. More info
Beginning to learn about cats:
- Cat 1 - Purr-fect Pals ($3.95 (40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Some experience with this project:
- Cat 2 - Climbing Up! ($3.95 (40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Looking for a challenge:
- Cat 3 - Leaping Forward ($3.95 (40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
To get involved with the 4-H Cat Project, contact your county 4-H office.
All resources on this page have been reviewed by our faculty and included for their educational value. No endorsement is intended or implied. Minnesota 4-H does not profit from the inclusion of any commercial project resources.