Learn skills wood-workers use, such as measuring, squaring and cutting a board, sanding, drilling, and driving nails. Routers, joiners, table saws, tape measures, drills, sand paper and glue are some of the tools you will use to build projects of your choice.
State & regional events
To view county or local club events, visit the county website.
4-H plays a pivotal role in youth development and public education at the Minnesota State Fair. More than 7,000 4-H youth have the opportunity to interact with the public and educate fairgoers through 4-H exhibits, demonstrations, performances, and 4-H promotion. More info.
Shop Project resources
Beginning to learn about shop:
- Woodworking Wonders 1 - Measuring Up ($3.95 (40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Some experience with this project:
- Woodworking Wonders 2 - Making The Cut ($3.95 (40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Looking for a challenge:
- Woodworking Wonders 3 - Nailing It Together ($3.95 (40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Woodworking Wonders- Finishing Up ($3.95 (40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Project leader resources
- Woodworking Wonders- Helper's Guide ($3.95 40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall
- Woodworking Wonders - Set of 5 ($19.25 40 pages each) Find this in the 4-H Mall
Other online resources
4-H Youth record keeping
- Shop - wood & metal evaluation sheet (38 K PDF)