Build and launch a rocket, design an airplane or fly your own hot-air balloon. Learn about the science of flight by doing hands-on activities like these and more. Working on a team or individually, you may even discover your future career!
To view county or local club events, visit the county website.
4-H plays a pivotal role in youth development and public education at the Minnesota State Fair. More than 7,000 4-H youth have the opportunity to interact with the public and educate fairgoers through 4-H exhibits, demonstrations, performances, and 4-H promotion. More info.
Level 1 learning goals:
Build a marshmallow rocket, study aviation careers, examine how airplanes work. (4 activities, total)
- Aerospace Adventures 1 - Pre-flight (40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Level 2 learning goals:
Buld a straw rocket, learn about weather conditions, make a paper hot air balloon, learn the International Phonetic Alphabet. (13 activities, total)
- Aerospace Adventures 2 - Lift Off (40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Level 3 learning goals:
Make a shuttle on a string, make a Japanese kite, build a hang glider, learn about a control panel of an aircraft.(12 activities, total)
- Aerospace Adventures 3 - New Heights (40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Level 4 learning goals:
Create an altitude tracker, determine fuel efficiency for a commercial aircraft, explore pilot certification, evaluate navigatio systems, learn about airport issues. (12 activities, total)
- Aerospace Adventures 4 - Pilot in Command (40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Other online resources
Project leader resources
- Aerospace Adventures - Helper's Guide ($3.95 (40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Aerospace - Set of 5 ($15.40 40 pages each) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Project meeting outlines
To get involved with the 4-H Aerospace project, contact your county 4-H office.
All resources on this page have been reviewed by our faculty and included for their educational value. No endorsement is intended or implied. Minnesota 4-H does not profit from the inclusion of any commercial project resources.