4-H YELLO! conference
Youth Exploring Leadership and Learning Outloud! (YELLO!) is an exciting and fun, citizenship and leadership conference planned and facilitated by the Minnesota 4-H State Ambassadors. The event brings together approximately 400 youth from across Minnesota and the surrounding region to listen to motivational speakers, participate in hands-on activities, engage in a service-learning project, and explore fun and educational opportunities in the region. The youth participants get the opportunity to meet other youth across the region and plan for action in their home communities through a youth-teaching-youth model.
2015 event information
During the week, the participants will engage in leadership activities and a service-learning activity to put into practice some of the skills they learn. Additional activities will allow youth to hear from nationally-recognized keynote speakers, engage in opportunities to meet other youth, learn some dances, and have a field trip experience in the Twin Cities!
- Who: Youth grades 6 through one year past high school. See the registration process below.
- Where: 4-H Building at the Minnesota State Fair. Housing is provided in separate male and female dormitories. Trained adult chaperones will be present throughout the event. Transportation for offsite activities will be provided.
- please notify your local 4-H office if you require:
- Special housing accommodations.
- Alternative transportation due to physical needs.
- When: June 10-13, 2015
How can I register?
Contact your local 4-H office for registration information, or register through your family's 4HOnline account (click here for instructions). Only active 4-H members currently in grades 6 through one year past high school will be able to register. If you have not yet completed the enrollment process for Minnesota 4-H this year, you will need to contact your local 4-H office prior to registering. If you are not affiliated with a Minnesota 4-H program, you are welcome and invited to attend the 4-H YELLO! conference. Complete the Short-Term 4-H Member Registration (191K PDF) and search by your county for your local 4-H contact person. If you are located outside of Minnesota, please submit the short-term enrollment form directly to the Minnesota State 4-H Ambassador advisors at the email address listed below.
In the unfortunate event you need to cancel your attendance at the 2015 4-H YELLO!, you must contact your local 4-H office immediately. Only cancellations made prior to May 8 will be eligible for a full refund. After May 8, a $50 program fee will be retained, and partial refunds will be granted only under the following conditions:
- The Refund Request form is signed and submitted by the local 4-H program staff by June 24, 2014,
- AND -
- Notice of cancellation is submitted to the State Office/event coordinators by noon on June 10, 2014.
- OR -
- A participant becomes ill during the event.
Are you an adult interested in volunteering?
Adult volunteers will be needed to chaperone youth attendees and support the Minnesota 4-H State Ambassadors and advisors in delivering this year's event. If you or someone you know is interested, please review the 2015 4-H YELLO! chaperone position description and send an email to the 4-H contact person in your county expressing your interest.
Minnesota State 4-H Ambassador Advisors (this is a shared email account managed by 4-H adult staff that support the State Ambassador programs) email@example.com