4-H YELLO! conference
Youth Exploring Leadership and Learning Outloud! (YELLO!) is an exciting and fun, citizenship and leadership conference planned and facilitated by the Minnesota 4-H State Ambassadors. The event brings together approximately 300 youth from across Minnesota and the surrounding region to listen to motivational speakers, participate in hands-on activities, engage in a service-learning project, and explore fun and educational opportunities in the region. The youth participants get the opportunity to meet other youth across the region and plan for action in their home communities through a youth-teaching-youth model.
2016 event information
During the week, the participants will engage in leadership activities and a service-learning activity to put into practice some of the skills they learn. Additional activities will allow youth to hear from nationally-recognized keynote speakers, engage in opportunities to meet other youth, learn some dances, and have a field trip experience in the Twin Cities!
- Who: Youth grades 6 through one year past high school. See the registration process below.
- Where: To be determined; location will be posted in March 2016.
- When: June 8-11, 2016
- Cost: To be determined; cost will be posted in March 2016.
- Fee covers food, housing, activities, transportation and admission for a field trip and service project, an event chaperone and a t-shirt.
- Contact your 4-H County Office for information on scholarship, or to inquire about potential transportation to the event (additional charges may apply).
- Registration deadline: Registration opens on March 28, 2016 at 3 p.m. closes on May 1, 2016 at 11:59 p.m.
- Video: Minnesota 4-H State Ambassadors present 4-H YELLO!
Kristina Abbas, Citizenship & Leadership intern and event coordinator, email@example.com
Jacquie Lonning, state Citizenship & Leadership director