4-H YELLO! conference
Youth Exploring Leadership and Learning Outloud! (YELLO!) is an exciting and fun, citizenship and leadership conference planned and facilitated by the Minnesota 4-H State Ambassadors. The event brings together over 300 youth from across Minnesota and the surrounding region to listen to motivational speakers, participate in hands-on activities, engage in a service-learning project, and explore fun and educational opportunities in the region. The youth participants get the opportunity to meet other youth across the region and plan for action in their home communities through a youth-teaching-youth model.
2017 event information
During the week, the participants will engage in leadership activities and a service-learning activity to put into practice some of the skills they learn. Additional activities will allow youth to hear from nationally-recognized keynote speakers, engage in opportunities to meet other youth, learn some dances, and have a field trip experience in the Twin Cities!
- Who: Youth grades 6 through one year past high school. See the registration process below.
- Where: Twin Cities area (exact location will be determined in March 2017)
- When: June 14-17, 2017
- Cost: $225 for youth participants.
- Fee covers food, housing, activities, transportation and admission for a field trip and service project, an event chaperone and a t-shirt.
- Contact your 4-H County Office for information on scholarships, or to inquire about potential transportation to the event (additional charges may apply).
- Registration deadline: May 2017 (exact date TBD)
- Event details will be shared in May 2017
- Video: Minnesota 4-H State Ambassadors present 4-H YELLO!
- Volunteers are needed for YELLO! Please review this volunteer chaperone position description (PDF) and contact your local 4-H program.