Minnesota 4-H Dairy Goat Judges Training
- May 19 2018, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m., Benton County Fairgrounds, Sauk Rapids
- Cost: $10
- Sign up by May 4, 2018
This exciting training is designed for those already judging county fair 4-H dairy goat shows, as well as those who would like to get started. Guest presenter: Loren Larson, licensed ADGA judge.
The day will include:
- a focus on individual placing and ribbon distribution in classes common to Minnesota county fair settings,
- State Fair line-ups and specific dairy goat classes and showmanship.
- Session emphasizing youth development aspect of livestock judging. This session will include practical tips on working with kids in animal settings, fees, dress codes and other helpful ideas to prepare you for a county fair livestock judging experience.
More information and registration
- $10 fee which includes handouts, training and lunch. Bring a chair!
- By attending the training clinic you will be added to the judges list if desired; this list is available for 4-H staff and county committees selecting county fair judges.
- Dress for the weather. Training will be inside an enclosed arena building.
How do I sign up?
To register, either
- Return lower portion of the training form along with payment OR
- Register online at z.umn/goat-judge-train
Mail registration forms and fee directly to:
Uo MN Extension Regional Office - Brainerd
322 Laurel St., Ste 21
Brainerd, MN 56401