Citizenship Washington Focus (CWF)
Citizenship Washington Focus is a leadership and citizenship program for high school youth from across the United States. Learn about the government process, meet with elected officials and their aides and visit the many national monuments and historical sites of Washington D.C. You will stay at the National 4-H Conference Center during the weeklong trip.
More information about CWF can be found on the national website.
Dates: June 28 - July 6, 2014 - National 4-H Conference Center, Washington D.C.
Delegates and chaperones: Arrive at the Dakota County Extension & Conservation Center, 4100 220th Street West, Farmington MN 55024 for check-in at 8:15 a.m. on Saturday, June 28. Maps and directions can be found in "New and important reminders for CWF delegates and chaperones" posted below.
The estimated time for returning home on July 6 is 6:30 - 9a.m.
Please call 1-888-241-0839 (toll-free) beginning at 10 p.m. on Saturday, July 5 to find out more definite times for drop-off.
Important reminders, conference calls and updates
- Delegate handbook (PDF) (mailed April 2014)
- New and important reminders and updates for CWF delegates and chaperones (PDF) (posted 5/19/14)
- Procedures for picking up delegate at Mall of America (PDF) (posted 5/19/14)
- Enhancing the CWF Experience: Top 10 recommendations (PDF) (posted 6/2/2014)
- Delegates and parents are asked to spend some time with this document as they prepare for the CWF experience. This document contains both informational and educational websites that you will visit together to start a dialogue in preparation for the CWF experience.
- CWF: A call to action (PDF) (posted 6/2/2014)
- Resources to develop a "Taking it Home" action plan. What you need to know pre-trip experience, during the experience and post-trip as you return back home.
- Short 5-minute video training on "Navigating Successful Conversations" will be shown at CWF orientation and registration on June 28 in Farmington.
There is no refund policy in place after April 2, 2014, if a youth delegate is unable to attend the CWF experience. However, if there are Minnesota youth on a waiting list that agree to attend in the absence of the original delegate, every effort will be made to put another delegate in the absentee delegate spot so that a refund can be made, but it is not guaranteed. All changes, if possible, would need to be approved by Judith A. Conway, University of Minnesota Extension educator and are not guaranteed. There will not be any changes or refunds made after June 3, 2014.
Future 2015 CWF
Citizenship Washington Focus 2015 criteria, dates, cost, application process and trip expectations will be available beginning Sept. 25, 2014.
For further information on the CWF experience, visit the Citizenship Leadership Washington Focus website.