Minnesota 4-H conducts camps all year long at various locations. Most camps are held in the summer. At camp, youth can work on projects they are already doing or start new ones.
4-H campers have the same high-quality, hands-on learning experiences that they have in clubs, events or fairs, but can spend more time on them. Activities are designed to develop a greater awareness, understanding and appreciation of nature and our relationship to it.
Camps may vary in length from day-long to two-week adventures in locations close to nature. Activities and themes vary by camp location.
Who can go to 4-H camp?
All youth are welcome! (Note that grade/age requirements will vary by camp.)
4-H camp participants must enrol in 4-H -- we'll tell you about that when you sign up for camp. Being enrolled in 4-H opens up lots of learning opportunities. Learn more about enrollment here.
Camps are posted here as we get their information. Check your local Extension office for a camp near you.
Northwest Minnesota Northern Pines Camp
Northern Pines is a residential camp where youth are guaranteed to make lots of new friends, play amazing games, learn archery, a variety of crafts, and eat great food!
- When: June 5-7
- Who: Youth grades 3 - 6
- Where: Northern Pines Camp in Park Rapids
- Cost: $125
- Registration deadline: May 2, 2016
- Register at the East Ottertail, Becker, Wadena or Hubbard County 4-H Offices.
- Contact: East Ottertail, Becker, Wadena or Hubbard County 4-H Offices.
4-H X-Camp (Exploration Camp)
Expect hands-on activities in agricultural science, natural resources, fine arts, science and mathematics, and more! See what it's like to live on campus! Meet students and faculty at the University of Minnesota Crookston! Make new 4-H friends!
- When: June 7, 1:30 p.m. - June 9, 1 p.m.
- Who: Youth in grades 6 - 8.
- Where: University of Minnesota Crookston
- Cost: $135
- Registration deadline: May 23
- Registration: Complete this registration form and return it to your local 4-H office.
- Contact: Margo Bowerman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-281-8695.
Campers will spend three days and two nights at camp enjoying swimming, hiking, nature activities, games, the arts, music, crafts, educational programs, great food, cabin life, reflective campfires and more! The Minnesota 4-H Camping program develops leadership and responsibility skills for teen counselors, while providing a safe and fun opportunity for the campers through activities, which allow them to gain knowledge and develop social skills while meeting new friends. 4-H staff and high-school aged camp counselors are prepared and ready to deliver an exciting and safe camp for you!
- When: June 13, 3 p.m. - June17, 3 p.m.
- Who: Youth in grades 3-8 (current year)
- Where: Whitewater State Park, Altura, Minnesota
- Cost: $75 by May 1, $95 by June 1
- Registration deadline: June 1
- Register: Contact Nicole Pokorney, email@example.com
Sand Hill Lake 4-H Camp
Sand Hill Lake 4-H Camp is a camp where youth can make new friends, participate in hands-on activities, discover and create cool stuff and make life-long camping memories!
- When: June 16 - 18
- Who: Youth completed grades 3 - 6 (limited to 50 campers)
- Where: Sand Hill Lake Bible Camp, south of Fosston
- Cost: $130 (make checks payable to the University of Minnesota)
- Registration deadline: May 16
- Register at your County Extension office
- Contact: Karyn Santl at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-281-8695.
(Pine, Isanti, Chisago, Carlton, Kanabec & Mille Lacs)
Join us for the 2016 PICCKM 4-H Summer Camp! Take part in teambuilding activities, crafts, swimming, educational learning opportunities and more!
- When: Monday, June 20 to Wednesday, June 22
- Who: Youth grades 4 - 8.
- Where: Norway Point Group Camp, St. Croix State Park
Find full details and registration information on the PICCKM Camp website.
Southwest Minnesota 4-H Camp
Three days of fun include: swimming, interactive camp tracks, evening campfires and fun camp counselors along with great food and fun cabin life!
- When: June 20 - 22 OR June 22 - 24
- Who: Youth grades 3 - 6
- Where: Shetek Lutheran Ministries, Lake Shetek, near Slayton, Minnesota
- Early bird registration by May 1 - $130
- Registration by May 15 - $140
- Registration by June 1 - $150
- Registration: You can find the registration form in the camp brochure, available in the downloads section of your county website or at your county Extension office. Early bird registration deadline is May 1.
Return completed registration form with payment to:
University of Minnesota Regional Extension Office
Attention: Judy Leibfried
1424 E. College Drive, Suite 100
Marshall, MN 56258
Contact: Karen Beranek, email@example.com
4-H Camp CSI
4-H: CSI (Camp Scene Investigators) is a residential camp for youth in grades 3 - 6. Camp tracks for this year include: Murder We Wrote, Inspector Gadget, Crime Scene Investigators, Forensic Art, Kitchen Detectives and Scene of the Crime! Campers will have a camp experience like no other! The educational and recreational program offerings enhance the experience through a rewarding opportunity uniquely situated in a fun setting.
- When: June 21 - 23
- Who: Youth grades 3 - 6
- Where: University of Minnesota Morris Campus
- Cost: $140 per person
- Registration deadline: Friday, May 27
- Register at the Extension Regional Office, Morris: (320) 589-1711, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact: Brian McNeill, email@example.com.
Shooting Sports and Wildlife Camp
Explore the disciplines of MN 4-H Shooting Sports and Wildlife Program with Certified Instructors. Disciplines include archery, air rifle, air pistol, BB Gun and Wildlife. Hours that are experienced at camp will count as on the line safety training and wildlife hours for eligibility at the MN 4-H State Shooting Sports and Wildlife Invitational.
- When: July 25 - 26
- Who: Youth currently or completed grades 3 - 8
- Where: Galilee Bible Camp near Lake Bronson State Park
- Cost: $60 if received by June 1, $70 after June 1.
- Registration: Due by June 1. Late registrations will be accepted an an increased price, if there is room.
- Send registrations and payment to: your local County Extension office.
- Contact: Sandi Weiland, firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Enjoy this week-long island adventure filled with swimming, boating, games, campfires and other fun activities and challenges. Campers will stay in cabins with trained high school counselors. Transportation to and from the Twin Cities is provided. Deadline to register is May 1. Register early, space is limited!
- When: August 1 - 5
- Who: Youth in grades 4 - 8
- Where: Bay Lake in Deerwood, Minnesota
- Cost: $375 (4-H members), $400 (non-members)
Beginning to learn about camping:
- Outdoor Adventures 1 - Hiking Trails ($4.95 Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Some experience with this project:
- Outdoor Adventures 2 - Camping Adventures ($4.95 Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Looking for a challenge:
- Outdoor Adventures 3 - Backpacking Expeditions ($4.95 Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Project leader resources
- Outdoor Adventures - Helper's Guide ($4.95 Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Outdoor Adventures - Set of 4 ($19.50 Find this in the 4-H Mall
Other online resources
Rebecca Meyer, email@example.com, 1-888-241-0724 (ext. 6467)