Minnesota 4-H conducts camps all year long at various locations. Most camps are held in the summer. At camp, youth can work on projects they are already doing or start new ones.
4-H campers have the same high-quality, hands-on learning experiences that they have in clubs, events or fairs, but can spend more time on them. Activities are designed to develop a greater awareness, understanding and appreciation of nature and our relationship to it.
Camps may vary in length from day-long to two-week adventures in locations close to nature. Activities and themes vary by camp location.
Who can participate?
All youth are welcome. You do not need to be a 4-H member to attend. Age requirements vary by camp. Non 4-H members will need to complete a short-term enrollment form and turn it in with registration materials.
Information about 4-H camping events in 2015 will be posted as we receive it. It will also be posted on individual county Extension office pages.
Camp counselor training is designed to provide the skills and knowledge to be an effective camp counselor and leadership team member. Training topics include: role of camp counselor, theme and program development, recreation leadership, group facilitation, conflict resolution, outdoor environment and nature programming, and much more. More Info
- Dates vary by county and region. Check with your county offices for dates and locations.
4-H plays a pivotal role in youth development and public education at the Minnesota State Fair. Over 7,000 4-H youth have the opportunity to interact with the public and educate fairgoers through 4-H exhibits, demonstrations, performances, and 4-H promotion. More info
Beginning to learn about camping:
- Outdoor Adventures 1 - Hiking Trails ($4.95 Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Some experience with this project:
- Outdoor Adventures 2 - Camping Adventures ($4.95 Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Looking for a challenge:
- Outdoor Adventures 3 - Backpacking Expeditions ($4.95 Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Project leader resources
- Outdoor Adventures - Helper's Guide ($4.95 Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Outdoor Adventures - Set of 4 ($19.50 Find this in the 4-H Mall
Other online resources
Rebecca Meyer, firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-888-241-0724 (ext. 6467)