Minnesota 4-H conducts camps all year long at various locations. Most camps are held in the summer. At camp, youth can work on projects they are already doing or start new ones.
4-H campers have the same high-quality, hands-on learning experiences that they have in clubs, events or fairs, but can spend more time on them. Activities are designed to develop a greater awareness, understanding and appreciation of nature and our relationship to it.
Camps may vary in length from day-long to two-week adventures in locations close to nature. Activities and themes vary by camp location.
Who can go to 4-H camp?
All youth are welcome! (Note that grade/age requirements will vary by camp.)
4-H camp participants must enrol in 4-H -- we'll tell you about that when you sign up for camp. Being enrolled in 4-H opens up lots of learning opportunities. Learn more about enrollment here.
Camps are listed by date and posted as we get their information. Check your local Extension office for a camp near you.
Regional 4-H Camp
The 2017 4-H Regional Camp is a unique camping opportunity for any youth in grades 3-6 (2016.2017 school year). This educational and recreational program offering enhances the experience through a rewarding opportunity uniquely situated in a natural setting. Camp is held at a full service facility that offers top quality dorms, a full menu of great food, and a wide variety of recreational activities!
Camp tracks for this year include: Amazing Art, Avengers Assemble, Exciting Energy, Kapow! Kitchen Fun, Super Stitchers, Villains and Video. Each camper will have the opportunity to explore one of these superhero themed tracks learning about various 4-H project areas while incorporating a lot of fun!
- When: June 20-22
- Who: Youth grades 3 - 6 (2016.2017 school year)
- Where: University of Minnesota Morris Campus
- Cost: $150 per person
- Registration deadline: Friday, May 26, 2017
- For more information and to sign up, download this camp brochure or contact the Extension Regional Office, Morris: (320) 589-1711, ext.2116
- Contact: Brian McNeill, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beginning to learn about camping:
- Outdoor Adventures 1 - Hiking Trails Find this in the 4-H Mall
Some experience with this project:
- Outdoor Adventures 2 - Camping Adventures Find this in the 4-H Mall
Looking for a challenge:
- Outdoor Adventures 3 - Backpacking Expeditions Find this in the 4-H Mall
Project leader resources
- Outdoor Adventures - Helper's Guide Find this in the 4-H Mall
- Outdoor Adventures - Set of 4 Find this in the 4-H Mall
Other online resources
Rebecca Meyer, email@example.com, 1-888-241-0724 (ext. 6467)