Minnesota 4-H State Arts-In
Minnesota 4-H State Arts-In is a 22-day intensive arts experience. Youth prepare a musical to perform 3-4 times daily during the Minnesota State Fair. Each year, State Arts-In youth perform at least 35 shows to more than 12,000 audience members in the 4-H building on the Minnesota State Fairgrounds.
State Arts-In is about:
- Performing arts including singing, dancing, acting, instrumental accompaniment, costume design, set construction and technical work.
- Leadership, goal-setting and teamwork
Participants continue to work on goals by putting on several daily performances, having leadership roles and acting as representatives for 4-H building visitors.
2018 participation information
- Eligibility: Youth who have completed 9th grade through 1 year post high school are welcome to participate.
- Dates: Aug. 9 - 16 and Aug. 21 - Sept. 3
- Cost: $500 per person, $550 if after June 25, 2018
- Arts In information sheet
- FAQ - coming soon
- Register each participant for State Arts-In through your 4HOnline family account login: https://mn.4honline.com/
- After logging in to 4HOnline, click on "Continue to Family"
- On the Member List page, scroll to the bottom and under the Event Registration section, select the member to register and then select "State Arts-In 2018".
- Follow the prompts and instructions to complete registration.
- Next, each participant must complete a leadership profile at https://z.umn.edu/artsin2018
- First year participants only must have an adult complete a recommendation form for them, by sharing this link with their recommender: https://z.umn.edu/artsinrecommend
Online registration is our preferred method of registration. If you are unable to register electronically, please contact Sandy Rand.
Kirstin Delp, Minnesota 4-H State Arts-In director
Sandra Rand, Minnesota 4-H state staff support