4-H at the Minnesota State Fair
August 21 to September 1, 2014
4-H youth participate in the state fair to showcase the knowledge and skills they've gained throughout the year, and to continue their learning experiences. Read more...
General information, 4-H state fair schedules, state fair 4-H policies . Read more...
Judging results, photos, and media releases for current and past state fairs. Read more...
Friday, August 22
* 7:30 a.m., Market Beef Show & Dairy Steer Show -- Warner Coliseum
* 8 a.m., Dairy & Market Goat Show & Showmanship – AgStar Arena You can also watch the Dairy Goat Show live online 8:30 a.m., Swine shows -- Swine Barn, east and west arenas
* 9 a.m., Rabbit consumer education -- Open Class Sheep Barn
* 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Dairy interviews – West end of Dairy Barn 10:30 a.m. Poultry consumer education – Sheep & Poultry Barn
* 11:30 a.m., Arts-In performance -- 4-H Building
* 1:30 p.m., Beef Championship Event -- Warner Coliseum
* 2 p.m., Rabbit Quiz Bowl -- 4-H Building 2 p.m. Chef for a Day Cook-off – 4-H Building 3:30 Arts-in performance – 4-H Building
* 4:30-9 p.m., Sheep Show: Market lambs & breeding ewes – AgStar Arena 5 p.m. Arts-in performance – 4-H Building
* 7 p.m., Poultry demonstrations and judging contest -- Sheep & Poultry Barn
* 7:30 p.m. Arts-In performance – 4-H Building
Saturday, August 27
* 8-11 a.m., Market and breeding rabbit judging -- Sheep & Poultry Barn
* 8-11 a.m., Lamb Lead Fashion Show -- Swine Barn
* 8 a.m.-2 p.m., Beef showmanship - Southwest side of Coliseum
* 8:30 a.m., Chicken BBQ Contest – DNR Park
* 9 a.m., Dairy Show – Warner Coliseum
* 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Sheep Showmanship -- Swine Barn
* 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Rabbit Showmanship -- Sheep & Poultry Barn
* 5 p.m., Arts-In performance -- 4-H Building
* 6 p.m. Share the Fun Performance -- 4-H Building
* 6 p.m., State Fair 4-H Livestock Auction -- Judging Arena
* 7:30 p.m., Arts-In performance -- 4-H Building
Download the Minnesota 4-H at the State Fair app to your smart phone and get judging results, public schedule, all Minnesota 4-H livestock show announcements and an interactive map.
Download the iPhone app
Download the android app
State fair by the numbers:
5,752 youth exhibitors
2,844 4-H building exhibits
295 Arts-In participants
2,885 livestock shown
More than 30,000 meals served to 4-H youth and staff
There are more than 320,000 visitors to the 4-H Building, which is one in five of all people who attend the state fair!
2014 county fairs
MN4H is on Twitter!
Join our conversation about 4-H at the Minnesota State Fair! 4-H'ers are tweeting about what they are learning and doing every day at the fair. Read our Twitter feed and be impressed! Be sure to check out our Twitter walls in the 4-H Building, and in the Cattle Barn during 4-H livestock weekend, August 21-24.