Leadership Matters Online
This online class takes an in-depth exploration into the key issues in supervision and leadership of youth work organizations. Online activities include both synchronized group time and individual self-paced learning.
Over the course of a month, participants can expect to spend an average of 5 hours/week, up to 15 hours total. Setting aside intentional time devoted to online work is required to have the full professional development experience.
Participants will engage with an online community to:
- Develop your supervision practice,
- Assess your management and supervision style,
- Develop a peer network and sense of intentionality about your work.
This online course is designed and delivered as a cohort-based, professional development opportunity in which the participants learn, apply and share the information together. Participants work through the same material (2-3 modules) each week as a group. This includes live (same time) webinar experiences and pre-recorded presentations, forum discussions, etc that are completed on their own time during that week. There is an expectation of completing 2-3 modules and interacting with the coinciding forum discussions and activities as outlined by the course schedule on a weekly basis. This is different than an asynchronous, self-paced course that you experience individually on your own time, without interaction with others.
Both interactive and self-paced learning will be experienced by:
- Interacting with session presentations
- Participating in live webinars
- Engaging in forum discussions
- Exploring relevant articles, videos and websites
How it works:
- Context for Youth Work Supervision
- Leadership vs. Management
- Strengths Based Leadership
- Professionalizing Youth Work
- Core Competencies for Youth Workers and Youth Work Supervisors
- Action Plan
- High-speed Internet Access
- Current version of Flash Player
- Mozilla Firefox Internet Browser
- Computer Speakers
Who should attend:
Those who have leadership and supervision roles in youth development.
Organizations that register five or more people for this course at the same time may receive a group discount of 25%. Contact the course facilitator for the promotion code to be applied at group registration.
Introductory week: Feb. 24 - March 2
Course content: March 3 - 21
Live webinars: March 4, 11, 18, 9:30-11 a.m.