Home >Winterizing your Barn
November 7, 2007
A free webcast titled "Winterizing Your Barn" was presented by University of Minnesota Extension and the Minnesota Pork Board on November 7th, 2007. The webcast was part of the quarterly online seminar series that provides management level research-driven information to pork production managers and owners.
The November 7th PorkCast program provided tips, techniques, and tasks to ensure facilities and equipment work properly while conserving energy. Dr. Joe Zulovich, Extension Agricultural Engineer with the University of Missouri, presented. Specific topics covered included:
- Basic building maintenance tips
- Heater operation and controller settings
- Variable speed fans for winter ventilation
- Importance of effective ventilation on pig health
- Implementation of reduced nocturnal temperatures
- Impact of reduced noctrurnal temperatures
PorkCast programs can be viewed from one's computer, and pre-registration is not required. To view a pdf version of the presentation, click here.