Readers of the Lost Art: International Traveling Trunks
The Plainville-Elgin-Millville library and student group developed a permanent, sustainable collection of traveling, interactive trunks filled with cultural artifacts to help foster an environment of appreciation among the diverse populations in SE MN. The trunks will travel on loan to schools throughout Southeastern Minnesota.
The trunks contain interactive multicultural items from around the world, such as games from other countries, ethnic cooking ideas, traditional clothing, books, artwork, movies/music/dance instructions, and other items.
- Deb Algadi, Plainview-Elgin-Millville High School
- Mike Cabaya, Plainview-Elgin-Millville High School
- Arpita Bhattacharyya
- Obtained several educational DVDs and 8 trunks on wheels to store artifacts for the traveling display
- Student intern, Arpita Bhattacharyya, conducted outreach to SE MN communities and diverse University groups to obtain artifacts and promote awareness of the project
- The Post-Bulletin published a story about the International Traveling Trunks
The permanent, sustainable collection of traveling, interactive trunks will continue to foster an environment of appreciation among the diverse populations of Southeast Minnesota.Last updated 12-31-2008