We'll Pick Up the Tab
This project provides the farmers markets in the NW region an opportunity to introduce sampling of locally available vegetables to shoppers attending the market. The goal is to increase purchase and use of vegetables by demonstrating preparation, allowing for sampling and providing food safety informational handouts. Shoppers benefit by tasting something they would not normally incorporate in their daily diets. Vendors benefit by the sales of vegetables. The market at large benefits from increased attendance.
- University of Minnesota Food Safety Educators
- Farmers' Markets in NW Minnesota
- Minnesota Grown
- Northwest Regional Sustainable Development Partnership
- Host free sampling of locally grown vegetables at the market while practicing food safety procedures.
- Raise awareness of the U of M Extension Food Safety resources.
- Use sampling as a way to increase sales at the market.
- Eight Markets hosted sampling events.
- MN Grown created custom cover with emphasis on food safety resources.
- Connect SNAP Educators and Farmers Markets.