Local Foods & Small Farm Education
To support local Extension education to increase the availability of locally produced foods, help plan and participate in the local foods college, write articles related to food production related, and collaborate with these local businesses to expand their markets: Amish farmers, McIntosh Bakery Northern Woolen Mills in Fosston, NC Food Bank Edible Bean Project.
- AFNR Small Farms
- Polk and Clearwater Counties
- Educate producer and consumer on the value of locally produced foods.
- Educate producers on how to raise produce using best management practices in regards to seed selection, organic practices, responsible pesticide use and nutrient management.
- Educate the livestock producer using best management practices in regards to nutrition, disease management, and waste management.
- Help facilitate connections between producer and farmers' market, food co-ops, schools, and health facilities.
Project start date: 1-1-2015
Project end date: 6-30-2016