Good Food Event
The Lake Agassiz Chapter of the Sustainable Farming Association hosted three "Good Food from Good Farms" events. The events brought sustainable farmers and community members together for education and networking opportunities.
- Growing Forward Thief River Falls
- Detroit Lakes Community Food Partnership
- Headwaters Food Sovereignty Council / Sustainable Tuesdays
- University of MN Extension
- NW Regional Sustainable Development Partnership
- Otter Tail County Public Health
- Grass Stain Farm
- Lakes County Service Cooperative
- Rail River Fork School
- Indigenous Environmental Network
- Marshall Co Public Health
- Sustainable Farm Association
- Hosted three two-hour events in: Thief River Falls, Detroit Lakes, and Bemidji.
- Local chef Sue Doeden provided a cooking demonstration and samples with locally sourced chicken, wild rice, and squash.
- Round-robin lighting workshops about the Lake Agassiz Chapter of SFA, a local food network, a homemade cheese press demonstration, and a local grower discussing high tunnel production.
- 93 participants attended the three events.
- Recruited 30 new members for Lake Agassiz Sustainable Farming Association.
- Established a new thirteen member board.
- Fostered new connections between growers, across all three of the food networks, as well as with the Fresh Connect Food Hub which recruited a new buyer at the event in Detroit Lakes.
Project start date: 9-1-2014
Project end date: 1-27-2015