Fresh Connect Food Hub
Fresh Connect Food Hub customers and growers are in need of training related to food safety and use of whole produce. Extension educators also helped to develop a report about the pilot season of Fresh Connect Food Hub.
- NW Regional Sustainable Development Partnership
- SW Regional Sustainable Development Partnership
- University of Minnesota statewide
- GAP (Good Agriculture Practices) training was provided by Michele Schermann for all growers who are selling to fresh connect food hub.
- Growers attended training and received templates to complete a farm food safety plan. The training included adequate time for questions and technical assistance.
- Food safety training, including products safety, was provided to area school food service staff. The training included information on using local products, washing, storage, and preparation techniques.
- Additional institutional customers have committed to purchasing from Fresh Connect and could benefit from continued food safety training
NW RSDP - $33,965