NW Natural Resources Work Group
The NWRSDP is committed to projects that protect clean water, rich soils and diverse habitats; raise awareness of natural resources and the landscape services they provide; and practice land and water stewardship to support a healthy economy and landscape.
The NWRSDP board invites ideas that respond to the following priorities.
- Engage people in nature so they value natural resources.
- Develop and foster the current and emerging generation of natural resource scientists.
- Support land users that maintain or restore natural processes.
- Support and demonstrate strategies in response to environmental hazards.
- Promote behavioral/cultural changes (or policy/system environmental change) that will result in sustainable resource use.
Have an idea? Seed funding is available for projects that build robust community-University partnerships. Download the project idea form, and share your idea, and submit it.
The NW Natural Resources Work Group meets to review, develop ideas, consider proposals, and build a network of partners interested in the goods and services a healthy environment provides. To learn more about natural resources in Northwest Minnesota, download the Natural Resources Chapter - Visualizing Indicators - Affecting Change.
Work Group and Board meeting dates are posted on the calendar.
The following are members of the Natural Resources Work Group:
- Margo Bowerman, Crookston, MN
- Katy Chapman, Fisher, MN
- Matt Simmons, Crookston, MN
- Doug MacArthur, Mahnomen, MN
- Dave Bennett, Newfolden, MN
- Wayne Goeken, Erskine, MN
- Lynda Knutsen, Thief River Falls, MN
- Henry VanOffelen, Detroit Lakes, MN
- Eric Anderson, Thief River Falls, MN
- Bethany Brandvold, Crookston, MN
- Tim Williamson, Bemidji, MN
We're seeking community members with an interest in nature to serve on the work group. If you'd like to be involved in reviewing project ideas and building robust community-University partnerships, please contact Linda Kingery at 218-281-8697.