Farm Dreams is an entry-level, exploratory workshop designed to help people determine if a sustainable farming career is appropriate for them. It is recommended as a pre-cursor to the Lake Superior Farm Beginnings course.
Northeast Regional Sustainable Development Partnership, U of M Extension, University of Minnesota Duluth, Sustainable Farmers Association, Northland College, Carlton Soil & Water Conservation District, Land Stewardship Project.
- Participate in a one day Farm Dreams training with Land Stewardship Project
- Adapt Farm Dreams materials (from the Farm Beginnings Collaborative Google site) to the Lake Superior region
- Prepare workshop presentations, activities, and resource materials
- Work with regional connections to organize and implement four Farm Dreams workshops during the summer of 2012
- Work with regional connections to market Farm Dreams workshops
The main outcome of this exploratory workshop is a strategic plan for their education and experiential path towards; and a prioritization of their next steps and timeline.
In addition, after participating in this program and other training and support programs available in the region, the participant may realize that they are ready for the regions premier farming training program (Lake Superior Farm Beginnings).
$640Last updated 10-15-2012