University of Minnesota Duluth Wind Turbine and Sustainable Agriculture Building
Provide a building to both meet requirements of the novel 5kw wind turbine on the UMD campus, and double as a storage space for UMD Sustainable Agriculture Program.
- University of Minnesota Northeast Regional Sustainable Development Partnership
- UMD Sustainable Agriculture Program
- UMD Facilities Management
- UMD Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Department
- UMD Electrical and Computer Science Department
- UMD Department of Geography
- UMD Natural Resources Research Institute
- Campus Neighbors
- Hawks Ridge Bird Observatory
- Campus Visitors
- Future Force LLC
Build a ten foot by ten foot insulated building.
The project will determine and demonstrate the benefits of the zero gearing system. We will calculate turbine efficiency and carbon footprint, conduct an energy lifecycle analysis and document noise production.
$4,500Last updated 12-18-2014