Mille Lacs Lake Area Visitors Profile
Conduct a 4-season visitor profile study to gain a comprehensive understanding of the characteristics and spending patterns of visitors to the Mille Lacs Lake Tourism Council's service area (5 mile radius around Mille Lacs Lake) at different times of the year. An Economic Impact Analysis will be conducted on the data gathered during the visitor profile study.
- University of Minnesota
- Aitkin County Economic Development
- Brainerd Lakes Area Development Corporation
- Frigid Forage
- Mille Lacs Hunting Lodge
- Mille Lacs Lake Tourism Council
- East Central Region Development Center
- Explore Minnesota Tourism
- Initiative Foundation
- Develop a sampling plan, create questionnaires, hire and train local interviewers, hire a Graduate Research Assistant, and print questionnaires.
- Gather data, including collecting, entering and analyzing data for each of the four seasons.
- Produce short write-up after analyzing data from each of the four seasons.
- Conduct Economic Impact Analysis.
- Write draft report and final report
- A better understanding of the characteristics and spending patterns of our current visitors. What amenities are being slightly used but would grow if we promoted these amenities more? What amenities visitors are going elsewhere to use/experience?
- A compilation of economic data that can be used to leverage federal and state monies, grants, etc. to be used to develop, or promote other segments of our tourism industry besides walleye fishing.
- Economic data that can be used to determine where we should be focusing our marketing efforts to maximize the biggest return on our investment.
- Economic data to use to diversify our local tourism economy and work with struggling or start-up businesses to educate them on current trends and things they should do to sustain and grow their business.
- Initiative Foundation - $5,000
- Rural Initiative Program - $25,000
- Mille Lacs County - $5,008