Central Sustainable Agriculture & Food Systems Work Group
Working to build a strong local food system to support healthy communities
The Central Sustainable Agriculture & Food Systems Work Group meets regularly to review and develop ideas, consider proposals and build a network of partners interested in building a strong local food system to help support healthy communities.
Our Work Group invites ideas that respond to the following priorities:
Healthy Food Access - Focus on health disparities, seniors, youth, and underrepresented or underserved communities.
Year-round Production - Low cost energy systems and education.
Workforce Development - Fill gap between production and service.
Natural Fiber - Support local, sustainable fiber production.
Local Food Marketing - Food security and access, prescription health care, seasonal eating, and Community Supported Agriculture.
Agroforestry - Increase food production that improves the health of soil, air, water, and other natural systems.
Work Group Members
- Kelly Coughlin, People's Health Center, Cedar Riverside
- Barb Eller, Farm Market Cafe
- Alison Holland, U of MN Extension
- Arlene Jones, SPROUT Food Hub
- Katherine Mackedanz, Todd County Health & Human Services
- Keith Olander, Central Lakes College Ag & Energy Center
- Elizabeth Quillo, U of MN Extension Health & Nutrition, SNAP-Ed
- Greg Schweser, RSDP Local Foods & Sustainable Ag
Visit our Project Page to learn more about current and past Central Sustainable Agriculture & Food Systems projects.
Have an idea? Seed funding is available for projects that build robust community-University partnerships. Download this Project Idea Brief, share your idea, and submit it.