Prairie Bay's Side Dish
Increase access, education, and awareness of the value of healthy eating, healthy lifestyles, and supporting local communities.
- University of Minnesota
- Farmer's Market Associations
- Local unit of government
- Independent farmers
- Communities of cultural significance
- Brainerd Lakes Area DC
- Wadena County EDA
- Latino Economic DC
- Bush Foundation Art of Hosting
- CFX Productions videography
- Evergreen Press
- Map out opportunities for food truck in 2013 (2 each for 5 counties of Cass, Crow Wing, Morrison, Todd and Wadena)
- Map additional opportunities at festivals and community gatherings
- Art of Hosting training
- Post film and local stories on websites and in printed form
- Increase nutrition awareness, thereby improving health and wellness of our communities.
- Support residents of food desert areas within the region, low-income families, and farmer's market consumers by teaching the preparation of nutritious local foods, especially on limited budget.
- Support local farmers and producers through increased local food markets and sales, raising family income and increasing other economic development opportunities.
- Begin capturing the story of the people and nourish the connections people make to and through food, and the implications these connections have for our communities, environment, and quality of life. These stories will be shared via web, print, and oral media.
- Create a deeper sense of place among area residents, especially those who are low-income and/or low-access.
$30,000 over 2 years
- Economic Development Offices - $2,000
- Farmer's Market Associations / Local Farmers - $1,000
- VISTA - $5,000