Crow Wing River Basin Forage Council Educational Workshops
The Forage Council supports livestock producers through education on economic and environmentally-sound management practices. This project includes the Winter Workshop, Summer Land & Water Tour, and the Fall Harvest Festival. The Forage Council has a successful track record and is in its 7th year of outreach activities.
- UM Extension
- Local producers
- USDA Natural Resource Conservation Service
- Soil and Water Conservation Service
- Leader Lions
- Cass County Farm Bureau
- Pine River Watershed
- Happy Dancing Turtle
- Central Chapter Sustainable Farming Association of MN
Increase the profitability for ranchers and reduce impacts to water quality through 3 educational workshops on enhanced grazing techniques.
- To directly reach 340 citizens through the three events. These include ranchers, shore land owners, and those who desire healthy food and clean water.
- An increase in the number of Natural Resource Conservation Service pasture management plans.
- Registration (estimated) - $2,000
- NRCS/SWCD Staff (in-kind) - $3,000
- Volunteers (in-kind) - $5,000