Connecting Citizens to Agriculture, Tourism and Natural Resources
Create a video to showcase the many assets of the Pine River Watershed which include: agriculture practices, tourism, and natural resources. The 10-30 minute video will highlight the importance and uniqueness of this area. Special screenings of the video will increase viewer engagement. A participant survey will assist with overall project evaluation and guide next steps.
- University of Minnesota Extension
- Crosslake Chamber of Commerce
- Pine River Chamber of Commerce
- Whitefish Area Property Owners
- Crow Wing Soil and Water Conservation District
- Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- Happy Dancing Turtle
- Lindner Media
- Resort owner, young child, and a farmer
- Meet with partners to create an outline and plan for video project.
- Create story board.
- Review story board.
- Set up interviews with resort owner, farmer, lakeshore owner, and complete necessary release documents.
- Complete interviews and other needed footage. Edit video footage.
- Develop a system to evaluate the video and how to get on the public access channel and MN Public TV.
- Committee review of videos for final edits.
- Release video to social media avenues, lake associations, public TV, and church groups. Host special screening of the video as part of the Chamber of Commerce Event Series.
- Complete required reporting and compile results of survey data.
- The Crow Wing County SWCD, Cass County SWCD and Environmental Services, Pine River Watershed Alliance, and Crow Wing County Environmental Services will have an increase in questions, websites hits, and phone calls. These organizations will track calls based off the video and hits.
- Have over 1,000 viewers on YouTube.
- Provide the video to over 100 lake associations and 25 churches.
- Post the video on at least 5 websites.
- Complete 2 news stories.
- Minnesota Pollution Control Agency - $8,000
- Land and Water Endowment Fund - $2,000