Central Natural Resources Work Group
Working to preserve and protect our region's priceless resources
The Central Natural Resources Work Group meets regularly to review and develop ideas, consider proposals and build a network of partners interested in protecting our natural assets to help sustain vibrant local economies and recreational and cultural opportunities in the region.
Our Work Group invites ideas that respond to the following priorities:
Water Quality Protection - Build on momentum from the Governor's Year of Water, including both surface water and groundwater protection.
Sustainable Land Use - Promote successful conservation practices (Agroforestry, Silvopasture, Keyline, etc.) with agricultural community.
Watersheds - Spur action and awareness within watersheds, major and minor, to engage local stakeholders.
Knowledgeable Citizenry & Youth - Involve and connect youth as the next generation of farmers, leaders, and scientists.
Work Group Members
- Eleanor Burkett, U of MN Extension
- Jim Chamberlin, Happy Dancing Turtle
- Rose Clarke, RSDP/Americorps
- Don Hickman, Initiative Foundation
- Dan Kittilson, Hubbard Coalition of Lake Associations
- Hank Ludtke, City of Frazee, Mayor
- Ron Meyer, Pine River Watershed Alliance
- Jeff Stabnow, Otter Tail Coalition of Lake Associations
- Diomy Zamora, U of MN Extension
Visit our Project Page to learn more about current and past Central Natural Resources projects.
Have an idea? Seed funding is available for projects that build robust community-University partnerships. Download this Project Idea Brief, share your idea, and submit it.