Information to Help with Taxes
Free Tax Preparation
Free tax preparation sites are open throughout the state of Minnesota from February 1st – April 15th. Free tax preparation is available for:
- Individuals who earn below $30,000 per year.
- Families who earn below $50,000 per year.
- Individuals/families who speak limited or no English.
- Individuals who are age 60 or older.
- Individuals who have a disability.
This service is free, accurate, and confidential, with e-filing and fast refunds. All volunteers are certified by the Internal Revenue Service to prepare your federal and state income and property tax returns.
Find out more information about free tax preparation on the Minnesota Department of Revenue
website or by calling 651-296-3781 or 1-800-652-9094. [For hearing impaired, call Minnesota Relay at 711 (TTY).]