Extension > National Health Outreach Conference > Proposal Submission for National Health Outreach Conference 2018 > Suggested proposal topics
Suggested proposal topics
We are seeking proposals that include (but are not limited) to the following topics of interest in the fields of community health, safety, and wellness.
Multi-level community/place-based initiatives, such as:
- Initiatives reflecting multiple levels of the social-ecological model or the Spectrum of Prevention.
- Projects involving co-creation with community.
- Innovations in funding and sustainable practices.
Systems-level strategies, such as:
- Identification of leverage points in inequitable or unhealthy systems in order to disrupt and introduce change.
- Innovations in youth leadership systems.
- Introduction of new and innovative systems to address complex problems.
Health equity initiatives, such as efforts:
- Focusing on diversity and inclusion issues.
- Addressing the urban/rural divide.
- Addressing “deserts” in areas such as food, health care, mental health, and water quality.
Behavioral and mental health initiatives, such as efforts:
- Addressing the opioid addiction issue.
- Supporting mindful living.
- Supporting transgender youth.
Financial wellness initiatives, such as efforts:
- Supporting health insurance literacy.
- Addressing financial stress.
- Addressing end-of-life issues.
Healthy aging strategies, such as:
- Innovative housing alternatives.
- Dementia-friendly communities.
- Efforts focusing on chronic disease prevention.
Collaborative strategies with health care entities, such as:
- Development of innovative partnerships.
- Prescription programs for community-based health promotion.