Extension > National Health Outreach Conference > Proposal Submission for National Health Outreach Conference 2018 > Proposal Submission Guidelines and Process
Proposal submission guidelines and process
By submitting a proposal, if selected; individuals and teams agree that designated presenter or presenters will register for the conference and present. Unless otherwise noted, the individual who submits the proposal will be the designated contact.
Submit your proposal using this form: 2018 National Health Outreach Conference Presentation Proposal. (Includes a link to an abstract submission template.)
Before making your submission, note the following:
- A high level of interaction and audience participation is required for sessions at this conference; proposals should clearly indicate methods for engaging the audience.
- Sessions should directly relate to the conference theme, goals, and current topics of interest.
- Remember to include the designated contact’s name, email, and phone number.
- List co-authors.
- Submit the abstract in a Microsoft Word file.
- Use the following file naming convention for each submission: Author Last Name_Abstract Title, i.e. Smith_A Healthier You.doc
- Adhere to the following word maximums for an abstract:
- 300 words for an interactive workshop, facilitated discussion, or poster.
- 100 words for an Ignite session.
- You may include up to three references to support the information in your presentation (not included in word count).
- Please use 11-point font, single-spaced, with no endnotes, footnotes, or superscript.
Proposal submission deadline: November 13, 2017
Reviewers will notify designated contacts about decisions on proposals by December 18, 2017
Designated contacts whose proposals are accepted must confirm participation in the conference by January 8, 2018.