Onion> Bulb > Holes or Cracks In Bulb
2 of 3
Credit: Alton N. Sparks, Jr., University of Georgia, Bugwood.org
Credit: Frank Peairs,
- - CLICK PHOTOS TO ENLARGE -
Agriotus spp., Melanotus spp.
- Wireworms burrow into the onion bulb
- Larvae are thin, shiny, jointed, yellow to reddish-brown color, and approximately ¼ - 1 ½ inch long
- More common in gardens that were previously in grass or sod
- Larvae can be found throughout the growing season
- Leaves show no damage
- More information on Wireworms ...