Two-spotted Spider Mite
- Feeding on the underside of leaves causes a "russet" appearance to the leaves; leaves may become distorted
- In heavy infestations, webbing can be found on underside of leaves
- Adult spider mites are very small (approximately 1/50 inch in length), and are yellow to dark crimson, with dark spots
- In heavy infestations, mites can be seen crawling on eggplant fruit
- Mites usually appear in late June-August; more prevalent in hot, dry weather
- More information on Two-spotted Spider Mite...