Raspberry Cane Borer
- Wilting may be evident at the tips of new shoots
- Two rings of punctures about ½ inch apart, and located 4-6 inches below the growing tip, are apparent where the beetle has laid eggs
- Adult is slender, ½ inch long, black, with yellow stripes and a yellow head with two black spots
- Full grown larvae are ¾ inch long, cream colored, and legless
- Adults are active in June
- Larvae can be found inside canes from mid summer through fall
- More information on Raspberry Cane Borer...