Raspberry Crown Borer
- Feeding by larvae inside of the roots and crown may cause plants to wilt, or canes to break off
- A hole at the base of the cane with sawdust-like material where the larva is feeding may be visible
- Adults are clear-winged moths that resemble yellow jacket wasps
- Fully grown larvae are large (1 ½ inches long), white, and have a brown head
- Adults are present late summer to early fall; larvae can be found inside of canes from early spring to fall
- More information on Raspberry Crown Borer...