- Leaves on random branches wilt, turn yellow then brown
- Random dead branches seen throughout the canopy
- Sunken irregulary-elongated cankers with cracked bark at the edges occur on branches or the main trunk
- On thick barked trees, cankers may not be visible
- In wet weather curled tendrils of orange spores emerge from pimple-like fungal structures within infected branches
- Common on trees stressed by drought, winter injury, wounds, insect feeding or other factors
- More information on Valsa canker...