- Leaves wilt, leaf edges and tips turn brown, with a green center
- In red oak group symptoms are first seen in the top of the canopy, disease progresses to the entire canopy and kills tree in 1 to 3 months
- Infected trees drop their leaves
- In white oak group symptoms appear in one branch, disease progresses slowly from 1 to 5 years before death
- In white oak group - Peel back layer of bark on symptomatic branch to reveal brown streaking on wood
- Symptoms appear in whole groups of trees as infection spreads through root graft
- More information on Oak wilt...