Two-spotted spider mite
- White to yellow stippling on foliage
- Heavy infestations will cause leaves to turn white, yellow and ultimately grayish bronze
- Premature leaf drop may occur
- Mites usually appear in late June to August; they are more prevalent in hot, dry weather
- Adult spider mites are small (approximately 1/50 inch long) and are hard to see; they are yellow to dark red with dark spots (need magnification to see)
- Shake leaves over white paper or plate to detect mites- adults are dark and move slowly
- More information on powdery mildew...