Discusses the major considerations that need to be incorporated into a landscape design if a sustainable landscape is to be the outcome. Landscape functionality, cost effectiveness, and environmental impacts are a few of the items discussed.
Describes how information is gathered, compiled and used in the development of a landscape design. How to conduct an interview, carry out a site survey and site analysis, and how to use information collected from counties, municipalities and developers are some of the topics discussed.
Explains the essential steps to create a sustainable landscape design. The design sequence includes the creation of bubble diagrams, concept plans, and draft designs.
Describes the transition from a draft to the completed landscape design. Important principles and elements of design are defined. Examples of how each is used in the development of a sustainable design are included.
- Department of Horticulture Display and Trial Garden
- Color Techniques for Landscape Design
- Drawings to Enhance Your Design
- Energy Saving Landscapes
- Healing Gardens
- Landscape Design for a Lakefront Property on Crystal Lake Burnsville, Minnesota: A Demonstration Project
- Landscape Design Principles: How Line Forms Dictate Space and Style
- Shoreland Landscape Design, Maintenance, and Management to Protect Water Quality