Extension > Garden > Diagnose a problem > Is this plant a weed? > Broadleaf Weeds > Upright > Wild Parsnip
Pastinaca sativa L.
- - CLICK PHOTOS TO ENLARGE -
- Short-lived perennial (monocarpic perennial)
- All parts of the plant are aromatic
- Fern-like leaves grow as a basal rosette for one or more years before flowering
- Leaves arise alternately along stem
- Flowering, upright stems grow 4-5’tall
- Each stem has multiple bunches of small, bright yellow flowers
- Taproot is deep and fleshy
Plants that look similar:
- Wild Carrot
- Poison Hemlock
- Queen Ann’s Lace
Did this tool help you identify the weed? Tell us.