Extension > Garden > Diagnose a problem > Is this plant a weed? > Broadleaf Weeds > Upright > Hemp
Cannabis sativa L.
- - CLICK PHOTOS TO ENLARGE -
- Rich, low, wet areas, prairie plantings and meadows in the southern half of Minnesota
- Annual that grows 2-10’ tall
- Stems are hairy, rough, coarse and somewhat grooved
- Hairs on the upper parts of the plant exude a sticky resin with a characteristic odor
- Leaves are divided into 5 to 11 hairy leaflets with notched edges
- Male and female flowers are on separate plants (dioecious)
- Flowers are green to greenish-yellow and bloom July to Sept.
Plants that look similar:
- Sulfur cinquefoil (foliage)
- Rough cinquefoil (foliage)
Did this tool help you identify the weed? Tell us.