Tomato > Stem > Stem rot at soil line
1 of 2
- Dark, firm water-soaked lesion on stem
- Girdled stems die and turn bone white
- Inside dead stems are black mouse poop shaped sclerotia
- Fruit are soft and rotted
- Cottony white mycelia inside and outside infected stems when humidity is high
- Favored by cool humid conditions
- More information on White Mold...
2 of 2
Pythium sp. Rhizoctonia sp. Phytophthora sp. and others
- Occurs in seedlings and young transplants only
- First stem turns dark at soil line
- Plant wilts, turns dark and rots
- More information on Damping Off...