Swiss Chard > Leaves > Discolored leaves
1 of 2
- Larvae tunnel into leaves creating mines that begin long and narrow and eventually becoming an irregularly shaped blotch area
- Mines are opaque at first and then later turn brown.
- Larvae are a carrot-shaped, whitish maggot
- Present throughout the growing season
- More information on Spinach Leafminer...
2 of 2
Root Rot Complex
Pythium spp., Rhizoctonia solani, Aphanomyces cochlioides
- Leaves turn yellow and eventually wilt
- Roots have dark sunken areas and few or no root hairs
- Fluffy, white to grayish brown fungal growth may be present on rotted areas of the root
- More information on Root Rot Complex...