Snap bean > Seedling > Collapsed seedling
1 of 3
Pythium spp., Rhizoctonia spp., Fusarium spp., and Aphanomyces spp.
- Stem turns dark at soil line and seedling may tip over at soil line
- Seed may rot in soil
- Plant wilts, turns dark and rots
- Cobweb-like or cotton-like fungal growth on seedlings
- More information on Damping Off...
2 of 3
Seed Corn Maggot
- Maggots feed on developing seeds and can completely destroy seeds, or damage the cotyledons and first true leaves
- More common in cooler weather
- Seed corn maggot should not attack plantings made after June 1st
- Maggots are yellowish-white, about ¼ inch in length, and legless
- More information on Seed Corn Maggot...
3 of 3
- Seedling stem has black lesions
- Dark brown to black, sunken oval spots on pods
- Black, sunken streaks or ovals on petioles and stems
- Random dark brown to black lines develop along leaf veins
- More information on Anthracnose...