Snap bean > Pod > Deformed pod
1 of 2
Bean Common Mosaic Virus, Bean Yellow Mosaic Virus and others
- Pods can be distorted, blotchy with dark and light green, and in severe cases, have bronze blotchy areas
- Plants are stunted
- Leaves are curled, mottled, and may be yellow
- More information on Viruses ...
2 of 2
Bacterial Brown Spot
Pseudomonas syringae pv. Syringae
- Pod may appear twisted or bent
- Leaves develop small water-soaked spots that turn brown with a yellow margin
- Leaf spots may fall out giving leaves a "tattered" appearance
- Sunken brown spots can form on the pods
- More information on Bacterial Brown Spot...